Ireland, Dublin Airport Runway 10.28 Overlay
|Product:||Pavement design analyses + delivery of Sealoflex® SFB5-50 (HT)|
|Quantity:||1,100 tons of Sealoflex® SFB5-50 (HT)|
|Location:||Dublin Airport Runway 10.28 Overlay|
|Special arrangements:||Night time possession works|
Ooms Producten was appointed to perform the pavement analysis of the maintenance of Runway 10.28.
• Design life of 15 years
• Additional requirement reflective cracking: <1% after 3 years <15% after 10 years
• Lean concrete (150mm)
• PCC slabs (370mm)
• Porous Friction Asphalt Course (25mm)
Four options were analyzed:
1. Overlay of 150 mm of conventional Marshall asphalt
2. Overlay of 220 mm of conventional Marshall asphalt
3. Overlay of 50 mm Sealoflex SFB 5-50 (HT) asphalt BC + 100 mm conventional Marshall asphalt
4. Asphalt reinforcement PG 100 + 50mm Sealoflex SFB 5-50 (HT) asphalt BC + 100 mm conventional Marshall asphalt
• Only option 3 and 4 comply with the design requirements
• Asphalt layer reduction of 70mm was realized because of application of asphalt reinforcement and Sealoflex modified bitumen!
• Faster maintenance because of lean asphalt construction.