Discover our products for airports.
Aviation connect continents. Airports are therefore of significant economic importance to a country, and high availability of the taxiways and runways is a must. Freight Aircraft in particular uses the asphalt intensively. When landing, they sometimes put more than 400,000 kg on the ground at once. It is therefore not a luxury to choose the highest quality asphalt pavements at airports.
Ooms Producten has developed the Sealoflex® 5-range bitumen especially for airports.
‘The unique part is our binder that makes asphalt resistant to damage from jet fuel leaks.’ Nick Brouwer
Climate change, high traffic volumes and heavy loads – nowadays, many factors limit the durability of asphalt pavements at airports. The Sealoflex® SFB-5 range of polymer modified bitumen is specially designed to cope with such extreme combined loads. Asphalt mixtures containing Sealoflex® SFB-5 offer high resistance to deformation, rutting and cracking, even under concentrated loads, which is confirmed by results in laboratories and in practice. Sealoflex® SFB-5 bitumen offers unparalleled quality and durability.
Jet fuel Resistant (Sealoflex® JR)
Unique to our range for airports is our Sealoflex® (JR) polymer modified bitumen that makes asphalt resistant to fuels such as jet fuel and petrol. This ensures leaking fuels do not damage the asphalt.
- A safe runway due to high asphalt skid resistance.
- Maximum availability of the airport pavements.
- Extremely heavy-duty asphalt.
- At least doubling the lifespan of the asphalt pavement.
- Asphalt is resistant to jet fuels and other fuels.
- A layer thickness reduction of up to 30%, resulting in shorter construction times and lower consumption of raw materials.
- A 30% CO2 reduction during production.
- A vapour and aerosol reduction of 80% during application.
- All our asphalt is 100% recyclable.
- Our mobile PMB plants allow us to produce Sealoflex® PMB’s on project sites.